Charity Golf Day 2019
As you all know, the S6 nominated charity for this year is the Ayrshire Hospice, which provides outstanding quality care and services which helps those with any life-limiting illness. The charity helps adults throughout Ayrshire and Arran cancer, neurological conditions, end stage heart failure and lung disease. The care provided not only seeks to alleviate pain and symptoms, but also allows people to stay engaged with friends, family and their community.
The Ayrshire Hospice not only looks after people’s physical needs but also attend to their emotional, spiritual and social needs too. Hospice services are free of charge and are available to patients over 16 years of age throughout Ayrshire and Arran. The funding of these services does, however, require extensive, on-going fundraising and NHS support to exist. NHS Ayrshire & Arran currently provides annual funding of £2.6m, but the balance of over £4.3m has to be raised from voluntary donations – that’s almost £12,000 that has to be actively fundraised, every day, to provide these invaluable services.
We are determined to drive the school’s fundraising activities and, with an ambitious total in mind, will host a Charity Golf Day on Friday 10th May at Loudon Gowf Club. The proposed format for the day is outlined below.
- The day will comprise a maximum of 22 4-balls (88 players) and will be priced at £300 per 4-ball.
- Registration, tea/coffee and hot rolls from 11.00 am.
- Complimentary range balls and pull trolleys for players.
- Shotgun start at 12 noon
- Stableford format
- Additional prizes for nearest the pin and for longest drive
- Two course meal served in clubhouse upon completion of the round.
- Prize giving and raffle to conclude the day.
If you are interested in entering a team, please download the application form via the button below.
- Please make cheques out to Wellington School (Ayr), for the full value of the team entry fee (£300) and
- return them with the completed application form to Alistair Byers, Head of Senior Years.
We are confident that the price of £300 per team offers excellent value for money to competitors whilst still offering a tremendous opportunity to raise much needed funds for the School’s chosen charity cause for the year.
On behalf of the entire school community, we would like to thank you in advance for supporting our charity fund raising efforts through your participation in this exciting new event!
Stephen Mclarty, Head Boy and Kirstie Howat, Head Girl