There are many benefits of a Wellington education, but we think that the following makes us special…
- The size of the school gives it a friendly, family feel. Pupils and staff know one another well and the environment is nurturing and supportive.
- Pupils obtain outstanding academic results. The achievements of our most capable pupils are very impressive but, equally importantly, every pupil is given the support needed to be the best that they can be.
- The range of extra-curricular opportunities is very wide and pupils get involved willingly. Sport is available at a high standard for those who want it and, throughout the year, the musical life of the school is vibrant and exciting.
- The programme of overseas trips and exchanges is second to none. Wellington School has been granted International Status by the British Council and pupils have the opportunity not only to visit a wide range of other countries, but to make full use of the educational partnerships that the school has built up over many years.
- Pupils at Wellington get the best possible start in life. Most go on to take up places on prestigious courses at universities in Scotland and throughout the UK, and many stay in touch with school friends throughout their lives.
Wellington School is situated next to the sea, adjacent to Ayr’s popular Low Green and beautiful beaches.
Visitors are always struck by the view out across the Clyde to Arran and Ailsa Craig and we never take it for granted. What better place could there be to grow up and learn?
Only school in Ayrshire
offering 4 languages
Wellington is one of the few remaining schools still offering Latin & Classical Studies
by the British Council
94.5% Advanced Higher
Numerous former pupils send their children to Wellington, keeping tradition strong
A number of members of staff are former pupils or have spent their entire career here
We boast a strong
We offer both an indoor and
an outdoor nursery
We offer the
85% of Wellington pupils are in
involved choirs, orchestras and ensembles
Our pupils are